Jobs Openings Plastics Industry
Molding Process Technician
BRI is seeking a skilled technician to identify and repair injection molding problems. The technician is responsible for identifying and troubleshooting nonconforming material resulting from molding malfunctions. The technician keeps all molds and machines in good working order to ensure the minimum amount of nonconforming material during normal operation assignments.
- 2nd Shift molding production (3:00PM to 11:00PM) reporting to Molding Shift Supervisor. Must be able to work periodic weekends and function as shift supervisor on some occasions.
- Troubleshoot and fix injection molding problems.
- Pull and hang injection molds.
- Set-up molding machines for production, which includes chutes, conveyors, and supporting equipment to produce the specified parts.
- Conduct job set-up verification via first piece inspection.
- Document injection mold set-up and status.
- Fill out maintenance work orders when needed.
- Ensure the safe operation of material handling equipment and the proper connection of cooling water lines and related auxiliary equipment.
- Experience: 3-5 years work as injection molding technician in a production environment. Must have good working knowledge of the operations and maintenance of machinery and electrical controls; be familiar with and capable of preparing the injection molding machines and related auxiliary equipment for operation; skilled in hanging injection molds. Must have strong troubleshooting skills. Our current machine environment includes Engel, Cincinnati, and Sumitomo presses. Experience with Star, Engel, and Sepro 3-axis robots, Kistler pressure transducers, and Avalon vision systems will be beneficial.
- Education: High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Training: Preference given to those with formal training, such as RJG and Paulson.
- Language Skills: At a minimum, must be able to read and write English, and perform basic math skills to handle job duties.
- Environmental Conditions: Individual is frequently exposed to wet, hot, cold, and/or humid conditions and must be able to adapt accordingly. Must adhere to safety regulations and follow safety procedures at all times.
- Equipment Usage: Must be able to set-up process for and run injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Physical Activity: Must be able to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Vision: Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position is for second shift work and must be able to work periodic weekends.
- Pay based on experience and training.
If interested in this position, please forward resume and salary requirements to:
- Blue Ridge Industries, Inc.
266 Arbor Court Winchester, VA 22602