Lead Molding Process Technician
Blue Ridge Industries, Inc. is a leading custom injection molding manufacturing company in Winchester, VA and we are looking for motivated and detail-oriented applicants to join our growing team! If you like problem-solving, hands on work, staying busy and having the ability to have your voice heard.
Our Injection Molding Process Technicians are responsible for all aspects of injection molding machines, robots, and other machines’ set-up, reconfiguration, and troubleshooting at Blue Ridge Industries. This position is also responsible for optimizing operations across multiple machine types and brands.
Blue Ridge Industries, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Duties & Responsibilities are, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set-up, configure, and troubleshoot molding machines and robots to consistently produce high quality products and minimize mold maintenance required.
- Work with Mold Setter(s) initially to ensure mold is properly adjusted.
- Control and adjust machine settings to optimize production. Cycle time, scrap, regrind, and defects should be minimized while maintaining quality.
- Understand and correctly operate the moisture analyzer.
- Understand and set up End-of-Arm-Tooling (EOAT) systems.
- Respond quickly to Operator, Quality, and Molding Manager requests for assistance.
- Assist the Molding Manager in maintaining spares inventory.
- Reports to Molding Manager.
- Experience: 3-5 years work as injection molding technician in a production environment. Must have good working knowledge of the operations and maintenance of machinery and electrical controls; be familiar with and capable of preparing the injection molding machines and related auxiliary equipment for operation; skilled in hanging injection molds. Must have strong troubleshooting skills. Our current machine environment includes Engel, Cincinnati, and Sumitomo presses. Experience with Star, Engel, and Sepro 3-axis robots, Kistler pressure transducers, and Avalon vision systems will be beneficial.
- Education: High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Training: Preference given to those with formal training, such as RJG and Paulson.
- Language Skills: At a minimum, must be able to read and write English, and perform basic math skills to handle job duties.
- Environmental Conditions: Individual is frequently exposed to wet, hot, cold, and/or humid conditions and must be able to adapt accordingly. Must adhere to safety regulations and follow safety procedures at all times.
- Equipment Usage: Must be able to set-up process for and run injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Physical Activity: Must be able to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Vision: Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position is for first shift work 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Creating Quality Solutions through Dedicated Partnerships, Integrity, Efficiency, and Teamwork
Today, Blue Ridge Industries knows being the best involves much more than high quality products. It requires an array of critical, value-added services to make the complete project a success.
BRI is a Woman-Owned Business
Located in Virginia, along the I-81 corridor, BRI serves many customers in Northern Virginia, in the Shenandoah Valley, and along the east coast, as well as, companies across the country.